Tuesday, May 15, 2007

4 down. 2 to go. And I'm feeling much happier.

I study in a precious college that puts their students' comfort above all else. That's why during the semester exams, they take only 2 or 3 busses out to drop us back as opposed to the 10-odd ones that pick us up in the mornings. Obviously these 3 busses are not going to be able to cover all the routes. So they boot us off at Adyar and most graciously ask us to find our ways back home.
I stay in Mylapore. So everyday, after exams, i take the college bus to Adyar and catch an auto rickshaw from there. Personally I'm not a big fan of auto's. But these last few days have made me develop such an aversion to travelling by them.
As you know, i have finished 4 exams. On all these 4 days, i have managed to pick embarrassingly large fights with 4 separate auto rickshaw drivers. One on each day. All half way through my journey. All in the hot (and how) summer afternoon. 2 in which i had to get out of the auto half way because i just could not tolerate the insanity that are Madras auto drivers.

Just why cant my college send their busses to drop us back just as they picked us up. Why do we accept this without even feeling of being deprived. They take Rs.13,000 (i kid you not) from us every goddamn year. Why cant they do the right thing and give us our money's worth?

Anyway, so that's 4 auto stands i have to avoid in the next two days. I will let you know if two more add to that list. Sigh.

This is me, signing off, feeling utterly robbed, tired and disappointed at my inability to protest. And panicky too since i should be studying and not blogging.

-gatsby

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey kutty, how come no updates???? I am disappointed :(